06 Apr Passport DC: A Must-Attend Festival for The Diplomatic Community in Washington, DC
As the political hub of the country, Washington D.C. is home to diplomats and government officials. It isn’t a surprise that the country’s capital features all sorts of political and cultural events throughout the year. The Passport DC is one such major festival.
Scheduled to take place from May 1-31, 2018, Passport DC is held each year to pay respect to the diplomatic community in Washington D.C. The one-month long festival showcases D.C.’s international community and their diverse cultures.
Interestingly, May is known as International Cultural Awareness Month in Washington, D.C. There’s no better time to hold Passport DC than in May.
What’s in store for you this year
During Passport DC, a number of embassies open their doors to tourists and residents in the country’s capital. You can check out various embassies during open houses. In addition to embassies, over 40 cultural institutions also participate in the event.
Other than embassy open houses, the festival includes several exhibitions, live performances and concerts, workshops, and much more. The main purpose of the festival is to help the public get a feel of consular life in D.C., without leaving the city.
Here are all the details for this year’s events:
- European Union Culture Month (May 1-31)
- The Flower Mart at National Cathedral (May 4 and 5)
- Around the World Embassy Tour (May 5) – Embassies that will participate in this year’s tour include Brazil, Australia, Nepal and Oman. Entrance is free for everyone.
- Short Cut to Europe: European Union Embassies’ Open House (May 12) – Participating embassies include the United Kingdom, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Sweden, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, and more.
- National Asian Heritage Festival: Fiesta Asia! (May 19)
- Embassy Chef Challenge Gala (May 23)
Planning on attending the Passport DC but don’t have a ride? Get in touch with us. At E.Z. Trans Limo Service, we aim to offer comfortable, safe rental limo service for any special event in Washington D.C.
From business events to wine tours and private parties, we can cater to all your transportation needs. Visit our website to make an online booking for your transportation needs.